Things are changing around here for the better and I have lots of exciting things coming your way! 2014 is going to be a year of improvement for Short And Healthy! Keep a look out for new upgrades and changes.
Meanwhile, here’s another healthy (and amped up with protein) recipe that is sure to hit the ‘banana bread’ craving! I thought of these as a quick grab-n-go breakfast item but they taste like a dessert! So whatever you’re feeling.
The main ingredient is almond meal and banana (obviously). With a few key ingredients, I kept them super moist which was a relief since adding protein powder can sometimes dry out a recipe.
Next week I’ll have another Monday Motivators post up, but this time I want you to nominate someone! Let me know who you think should be a Monday Motivator! Either comment below or tag me in any social media (Twitter, Instagram) post nominating that person. I cannot wait to see who motivates you!
Okay now for the recipe….
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 banana (mashed)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 scoop cinnamon swirl or vanilla protein powder
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl
- Mix until batter forms
- Line muffin tins with paper linings
- Pour batter into linings until 2/3 of the way full
- Bake for 15 minutes (or until a toothpick comes clean)
- Allow to cool
- For additional deliciousness, add a teaspoon of peanut butter (or nut butter of your choice) to the middle of the batter before baking!